Traveling in a Medium to High Risk Country: How 001 Protects You Abroad
According to the 2015 Global Peace Index, our world has become even more dangerous in the last ten years. Now, more than ever before, we need to protect ourselves from the ever-looming presence of danger. Following a report from the Institute of Economics and Peace, the top ten most dangerous countries are listed here, in order:
Top 10 Most Dangerous Countries:
- South Sudan
- Central African Republic
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- North Korea
You might be less likely to visit the Democratic Republic of the Congo on your next business trip or family vacation, but what about the next ten?
11 – 20 Top Most Dangerous Countries:
Starting to sound more possible?
In recent years, Russia has attracted great business opportunities for international investors looking to capitalize from the recent economic boom in the former Soviet Union. Mexico has seen a boost in tourism, despite a recent hurricane demolishing much of its prized coastal landscape in destination spot Cabo San Lucas. Israel remains a cherished attraction for the Jewish people, who often take a once-in-a-lifetime “Birth Rite” trip to visit the territory described as the Jewish people’s homeland. India, boasting 1/6th of the world’s population invites tourists to visit the Taj Mahal, one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
How does 001 keep you safe in unpredictable territories?
The Top 5 Ways 001 Protects You Abroad:
- Counterterrorism & Protective Intelligence – 001 uses a sophisticated software system called gTHIRA to perform a proactive report that analyzes possible threats and hazards to protect the Client from any potential harm. Evaluating information from traditional media, social media and reports from government offices, as well as police officers, gTHIRA assists our agents in determining which locations are deemed the safest in securing an emergency evacuation, should there be a call for one, in addition to possible threats and Intelligence in the area.
- Medical Assistance – 001 offers a comprehensive, personalized protection plan, which includes 24/7 Medical Assistance. In partnership with Penn Passport, in cooperation with Penn Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania, 001 is able to identify the best possible protocol to address a health issue in a foreign country. From recommending the best doctors to locating the most sophisticated hospitals, Penn Passport shares a thorough database of health professionals with 001 and its Clients.
- Threat Management – Not unlike home, there can be continued threats abroad, especially if there is a reason to specifically target a Client. Take for instance, a celebrity making a public appearance or a diplomat giving a wide-reaching speech, our agents are prepared to sift through hours of emails, letters, phone or text messages to uncover and strange or hidden agenda that should be reported and investigated. In addition to a personal attack, threats can be made on a building or city, which are viewed through the prism of systems like gTHIRA on an ongoing basis to inform our agents ahead of time. 001 has a partnership with Dr. Park Dietz, who provides independent threat assessment and analysis services through TAG, the Threat Assessment Group (www.taginc.com).
- Protective Intelligence – The most important element of protection. 001 has the most sophisticated system that gets 55,000 Open Source Intelligence feeds and also Twitter feeds. Most Executive Protection companies operate in the blind and don’t even have any way to perform Intelligence before, or during a protection detail. Open Source Intelligence accounts for 80% – 90% of the Intelligence in the world. If you have great Intelligence, you can gage the resources needed on all protection details and can adjust throughout the resources of the protection detail to make sure the Client is 100% safe anywhere throughout the world.
- “The Advance” – US Level 1 Executive Protection Agents, provided by The World Protection Group (PPO License # 14509), visit all points, including running all routes, of a Client’s itinerary prior to his/her arrival. Agents gather protective intelligence and assess threats, followed by a written security plan that includes primary and secondary routes, should an emergency occur. Agents meet in advance with key personnel at each location and prepare back-up plans, to add to the library of continuously updated advance information for each Client and frequently visited location.
- Executive Protection Details – Depending on your preference, 001 can offer round-the-clock Executive Protection & Estate Protection detail through WPG, which involves protective intelligence, counter-surveillance, I.D. checks for visitors, physical protection, environmental awareness, evacuation preparation, protection against any attack, daily activity reports and swift travel throughout the word. 001 utilizes only WPG Level 1 Executive Protection Agents that are U.S. based and U.S. trained.
With acts of terrorism on the rise, Executive Protection, through WPG, has never sounded like a better idea. Imagine the safety and security of knowing you’re in good hands at home and abroad. No matter where you are, 001 protects your lifestyle.